Stylish 1950’s steel vintage Philip Harris Ltd Desk Lamp. This would have been used in a laboratory or small engineering type environment.
Philip Harris Ltd was a British laboratory supply company (part of Philip Harris plc) which became a major supplier of equipment for school science.
The company was originally based in Digbeth, Birmingham, and was started by Thomas Ellis, a surgeon, in 1817.
The lamp base is weighted and heavy, the light shade can be adjusted both by angle and height, on a stainless steel stem. This is a fabulous and rare industrial accessory with a lovely, on trend mint green colour. It would make an unusual and stylish addition to any industrial style decor or as a contrasting accessory.
Please note this lamp has not been PAT tested.